This delicious cheesecake can be made a couple of days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- 18 wholemeal sweet plain biscuits or other plain biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut 80g butter
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 5 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 cup limoncello liqueur, or 1⁄2 cup limoncello liqueur mixed with 1⁄2 cup coconut rum liqueur (for an alcohol-free version, use 1 cup pineapple juice)
- 2 cups mascarpone or cream cheese 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cream, chilled
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted coconut flakes 2 punnets strawberries, sliced
- 1 punnet blueberries or other seasonal berries
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar mixed with the finely grated rind of 1 lime (optional)
- Line the base of a medium- large (about 26cm) deep springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place biscuits and desiccated coconut in a food processor an whizz to a fine crumb. Melt together the butter and golden syrup. Add to biscuit mixture and pulse to combine.
- Press firmly and evenly into base of prepared tin and chill.
This recipe has come from the Australian Womans Weekly (NZ)